Thursday, January 6, 2011

Better Now Than Never


Monday morning as I drove into work after 10 days of vacation,  I did something that I promised myself that I was no longer going to do in 2011.  I stopped at McDonald's and picked up 3 sausage McMuffins (the usual) and ate them all before I pulled into the parking lot at work.  While I was eating them, it felt so good.  When I was done the guilt set in.

That’s how my eating goes.  When I am hungry for something, I’ll do whatever I can to get it.  After I am done eating until I am full, I feel bad about it.I have been this way for as long as I can remember.  It wasn’t until after I got out of high school and stopped playing organized sports that the weight started piling on.  Here I am years later and I topped out at 458 pounds. That is more than twice the weight I should be.  In fact, that is my long term goal…to lose a little more than half my weight and get my fat ass down to 225 pounds and be the hunk I was created to be.

My plan is quite simple…stop eating so much and start exercising. Well maybe it’s not quite that simple…but it should be, right?  I have been planning this for the weeks leading up to the New Year. My goals are actually quite simple and straight forward.
  1. Eat Better
  2. Exercise
  3. Drink Plenty of Water
  4. Plan My Meals In Advance
  5. Blog About It
  6. Get My Family Involved
  7. Have Fun
So if you want to join me along the way or offer some advice or criticism, please fell free.

Big John, The Chunky Hunky

3 comments:

  1. Hi John! Thanks for your comment and stopping by my blog. I am your 1st follower! :) I look forward to watching your success. Let me know if I can help you in any way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie and congrats on being my first! I guess now I am somewhat accountable for what I do on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our numbers are slightly different, but our story is the same. Wherever I go, I am almost always the biggest guy in the room and (was) tremendously out of shape. After blogging and learning what was possible from others, I have lost some weight, become much more fit and am still improving. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete