Friday, January 7, 2011

Working For The Weekend

Maybe it’s eating healthy, maybe it’s the exercise or maybe it’s a combination of both, but I have been feeling great for the past few days.  I stepped on the scale this morning and was shocked at the weight I have already lost in just the past 4 days.  I am really excited about what is to come but 225 pounds seems so far away.  So instead of setting my sights on the finish line, I thought that I would set a first goal of weighing less than 400 pounds.  Losing 59 seems a lot more obtainable at this point than 233. I would also like to get involved in a challenge...that sounds like a fun and motivating way to drop some weight.

This weekend’s plan is to get a spot cleaned out in the basement for me to exercise. Since there is snow on the ground, I do not see myself going outside to do much of anything.  I got a few exercise videos stashed somewhere in a box, a stationary bike tucked away in a corner and a weight bench that hasn’t been used in 10 years. Eventually I would love to get a gym membership, but before I go investing into more exercise possibilities, I should use the ones I also shelled out big money for already.  The one thing I did purchase earlier this week was Your Shape Fitness Evolved for the Kinect on the Xbox 360.  This game/exercise program has been kicking my butt all week.

I also want to take some time this weekend to read some blogs.  I want to get some new ideas for food and exercise and also get familiar people and their stories. Plus I got a lot to learn about the art.

Other than that, it’s NFL playoffs and home brewing this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I noticed you were a new follower on my blog so I hopped on over here and I didn't even finish reading all your post and saw, "NFL PLAYOFFs" were in your plans for the weekend and I hit follow. Welcome, fellow football fan. There aren't nearly enough of us around here. Who's your team?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks up and laughs at Dr. Fit to Fat!

    Hope you have a great weekend and maybe you can show us pictures of your workout set-up when you are done.

    Glad to be the 1st ;-)

    ReplyDelete